Thursday 17 January 2019

Everlane to the rescue?

I am really struggling lately with living somewhere cold, needing warm clothes, wanting them to be sustainable but also, being vegan. I feel like I can not be the only person with this dilemma but also can not find an obvious solution! I can find sweatshirts and fleeces all over but nothing that I can wear in an office environment that doesn't contain wool. Which butts heads with the vegan part. I know I could go to a second hand store and find some vegan options, but they are never cotton (believe me, I have spent HOURS on this project) and I really don't want to wear spun plastic. So where does that leave me? Well so far, very cold in Michigan.

I happened to be on Everlane earlier this week as they had some new underwear (my current selection is reaching the end of it's tenure in my drawer...) and saw that have some cotton sweaters coming soon!! Everlane is such a great place to go to know that anything you get is made as fairly and thoughtfully as possible but I always see things I love made of leather or wool, so to see somethings that aren't tees or sweaters come out made of cotton makes me very excited. I have to wait a month or so but I am so hopeful this will be the answer to the issues I have been having over the past 3 winters! When I was in England it was never as much of an issue because it was never this cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment